Who We Are
CommonWealth is a privately held Massachusetts corporation founded in 1991 by the present owners and directors of the firm George H. Aronson, Thomas W. Yeransian, and Anton J. Finelli.
We are senior-level professionals with engineering backgrounds and business experience providing customized services to public and private clients in interdisciplinary and emerging areas through cost-effective application of specialized environmental management and control technologies and value recovery equipment and systems.
As consultants, we help our clients plan and implement programs, facilities, systems and services.
As developers, we strive to create value for our partners, for stakeholders and for ourselves.
Our goal is to help ensure that the projects and programs of those we serve and with whom we partner promote the responsible use and disposition of the common wealth of global material, energy, and environmental resources.
George H. Aronson
George H. Aronson is a principal and co-founder of CommonWealth Resource Management Corporation with over 35 years of professional experience as a consultant and project developer involving public-private partnerships for solid waste management and energy generation projects. Areas of expertise include:
- Competitive procurement of private facilities for public-private partnerships, including development and drafting of RFPs and other procurement documents, proposal evaluation, vendor selection and contract negotiation.
- Support for project permit acquisition, product market assessment, feedstock acquisition and residuals management arrangements, financing, construction, testing, operations and contract compliance.
- Technical and economic feasibility assessment of emerging technologies, and development of detailed techno-economic analyses, for mixed waste processing, gasification and pyrolysis projects and for other emerging solid waste management and energy generation technologies.
Mr. Aronson manages provision of services to multiple CMRC clients, including the Municipal Review Committee and the Town of Nantucket. He regularly presents to and appears before public elected officials and regulatory agencies. He provides support services for CRMC’s landfill gas-to-electricity and anaerobic digestion facility projects and oversees facility operating budgets and back-office functions as CRMC’s chief financial officer. He enjoys mentoring young entrepreneurs and also chairs the Solar Municipal Oversight Committee of the Town of Sharon for development of solar PV facilities.
Mr. Aronson has a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a master’s degree in public policy from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University,
Thomas W. Yeransian
Thomas W. Yeransian is a principal and co-founder of CommonWealth Resource Management Corporation, with over 35 years of professional experience as a project developer, consultant and operations manager. Areas of expertise include:
- Development of landfill gas and anaerobic digestion facilities from initial market assessment feasibility analysis and conceptual design through site selection, detailed design and engineering, procurement, construction management, start-up and operations management.
- Acquisition of and compliance with environmental permits and licenses with a specialty in air emissions permitting, control technology assessment and permitting of solid waste management facilities.
- Process systems engineering to establish design and performance characteristics in support of permitting, process modifications and competitive business and market evaluations.
- Creation, registration and trading of project environmental attributes, including renewable energy certificates (RECs) in the NEPOOL GIS system under state renewable portfolios standard programs and carbon emission reduction credits to meet registry and certification requirements.
Mr. Yeransian oversees the operations of CRMC’s landfill gas-to-electricity and anaerobic digestion facility projects and manages sales of RECs from the facilities. He manages and provides services to a variety of CRMC clients. He has supported development of multiple biosolids treatment and anaerobic digestion projects.
Mr. Yeransian has bachelor’s degrees in chemical engineering and economics from Tufts University and a master’s degree in business administration from Boston College.
Anton J. Finelli
Anton J. Finelli is a principal and co-founder of CommonWealth Resource Management Corporation with over 40 years of professional experience as a project developer and consultant. Mr. Finelli manages CRMC’s program for business-to-business transactions for sale of carbon offsets.
Mr. Finelli has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Notre Dame; a master’s degree in English literature from the University of Texas; and a master’s degree in business administration from Boston University.